Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nice note from Dan McGraw

Dan McGraw, who wrote the piece in Ft. Worth Weekly regarding the real problem w/ the Rangers, wrote me a note after I professed ignorance as to his and his publication's identity. In case you were wondering (and, btw, I agree with Dan - I DO need to get out more):

1) Fort Worth Weekly is like the Dallas Observer. Y'know, an alt-weekly
that is often very lefty. But fun to write for, as they let me go most of the
time.
2) I wrote the cover piece for D Magazine "Is Tom Hicks Going Broke"
in 2002. The article asked the simple question of whether Hicks' business
failures in Hicks Muse were affecting his sports teams. I think the answer is
very clear now.
3) I worked as a senior editor for US News & World Report
for ten years, covering all sorts of fun things like Waco/Koresh, OKC/bombing
and Columbine. I now write books (novel coming out in a few months) and do some
sports and politics writing (kind of the same thing) for the FW
Weekly

Hope all is well, and I hope this answers you questions of
who I am and what the FW Weekly is. You should get out more.

Dan McGraw
Fort Worth

No comments: