Saturday, November 05, 2005

Hokies let business take care of them

Well, the BCS is pretty clear now. Miami throttled VA Tech tonite, 27-7. Marcus Vick was TERRIBLE, and the Miami defense was stifling.

The BCS begins to sort itself out this week. Clearly, the top four will be:

1. USC (killing Stanford as I write)
2. Texas (destroyed Baylor)
3. Alabama (shut out Mississippi State - another defensive monster)
4. Miami

Number 5 and below take a bit more guessing. I suppose it will be Penn State at 5, it's only my deep apathy when it comes to the over-rated Joe Paterno that keeps me from completely accepting it.

Assuming USC and Texas take care of business the rest of the way, the Rose Bowl will be what we figured all season. I'm trying not to look forward too far, but, man, what a great matchup. Let's get past Thanksgiving, then we'll start the bowl previews.

No comments: