Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving football preview

I'll do a longer post with all the Friday-Monday action covered. However, we've got two pro games today, so let's get to it.

Falcons @ Detroit - Why does Detroit rate a Thanksgiving game every year? The Cowboys have some national appeal, but the Lions? Come on. Regardless, both of these teams put me into a coma. The Falcons are so erratic, but they've got the talent edge. The Lions are one sorry organization. They came into Texas Stadium expecting to lose last week. The Falcons should win this with no problem. This game makes for good beer-drinking background noise, as far as I'm concerned.

Denver @ Dallas - The Massive Tuna is stating the obvious when he calls the Broncos, "the best team we've played this year." Shanahan's system makes heroes out of anyone (see Jake "The Fake" Plummer as Exhibit A, Your Honor). The Cowboys have to win the battles up front - it's just that simple. If Plummer has time and the Denver running game has holes to exploit, it's going to be a long day for the Cowboys' D. Bledsoe is one of the best QBs in the league WHEN HE HAS TIME. If he's running for his life, he's the Bledsoe from the Buffalo days, and it's a bad day for the Cowboys' offense.

I want to pick Dallas, and I will be cheering for them like crazy, but I'm not hopeful. I said that before the Eagles pasting, and I'm fine with being wrong. I just think Denver is too good.

No comments: