Monday, October 16, 2006

What the heck do I know about football?

Well, fair is fair. If I get to toot my own horn when I have a good week of picking games, I have to point out when I completely blow it too.

And blow it I did this past weekend. Let's run thru the list:

Florida @ Auburn - didn't see an Auburn resurgence coming.
Michigan @ Penn St. - that's one right, at least.
Missouri @ A&M - Coach Fran lives to fight another week, and I lose again.
Baylor @ Texas - alas, it did not take any genius on my part to get this right.
Iowa St @ OU - I was right here, but I bet OU would trade a win for AP for the rest of the season
Texans @ Cowboys - The Cowboys covered 13. Who woulda thunk? Not me, obviously.
Cincinnati @ TB - You think the Bucs EVER want Chris Simms back?.
Giants @ ATL - Yay, me.
Tenn @ Redskins - Good advice: you will rarely go wrong betting against the Redskins. What do you know, I finally followed some advice.
San Diego @ SF - Shoulda bet San D. The 49ers really are terrible.

5-5 - it wasn't as bad as it felt at the time. But you won't put shoes on the kids' feet that way. Better luck next week.


Digg!

No comments: