Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Good thing I don't actually make these bets

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to go back and rehash this past week's football picks. A few weeks ago I went 5-5 and thought the world was ending. Now, I look back on those halcyon days wistfully.

Colleges:
Oklahoma @ Missouri - Wrong. Changing my tune on Chase Daniel.
Auburn @ Mississippi - Better. No Klan robes, at least not on TV.
Georgia vs. Florida - Florida won, which I figured, and covered, which I did not.
Texas @ Tech - 'Horns won, which I figured, but did not cover. What is up w/ the Texas defense?
A&M @ Baylor - God apparently had bigger things to worry about on Saturday. Wrong again.
Tennessee @ South Carolina - Volunteers won (and so did I), but it was closer than I expected.

Pros:
Seahawks @ Chiefs - Close, but no cigar.
Baltimore @ New Orleans - Not so close, and definitely no cigar.
Pittsburgh @ Oakland - Oh dear.
Colts @ Denver - Peyton Manning is regular season genius.
Dallas @ Carolina - Help me prop up that sword so I can fall on it again.
Pats @ Minnesota - Tom Brady is still the best QB to put Drew Bledsoe on the bench.

So, let's tally it up...carry the one...divide by the square root of pi...multiply by the cube of my IQ...and we come up with 4-8.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the back, putting on the dress blues and polishing the service revolver.

No comments: