Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bobby Valentine and Homer Simpson – same voice coach?

Bobby V was on with Rhyner and Williams yesterday. In case you haven’t kept up with his adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun, he’s had a tremendous amount of success with the Chiba Lotte Marines and won the Japanese League Championship this year. He sounds great and seems to be doing very well. Good for him, I say.

I’ve always been a Bobby V fan, and really wished it had worked out better when he managed the Rangers. It sounds like he had an opportunity to return to the US this year, but loyalty to his Japanese team prevented it. It seems like a safe bet that he’ll be back in the bigs sometime in the not-too-distant future.

I couldn’t help but notice how much Bobby sounds like Homer Simpson. It’s uncanny. I almost called Big Dumb Danny to see if I could get him to ask Bobby to do a “D’oh!” for the folks back home.

I never noticed this before, but I’m going to keep a lookout for Bobby V’s speaking engagements now.

No comments: