Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympics: That Bolt guy is AMAZING


I'm a fan of greatness. Books, music, political or business leadership, ideas - I am a fan of greatness in all of these. But I am a fan of sports greatness more than anything. Perhaps because it's easier to identify, perhaps because it's better publicized, perhaps because of the visible competition and level playing field - I don't know the reason. But whether it's the Yankees of the early 2000s, the Celtics and Lakers of the 80s, the Cowboys of the early 90s, Gretzky, Beckham, Jordan, Aikman/Irvin/Smith, or whatever; I enjoy sports greatness in any form it takes.

Which is all to say that I am a huge fan of Usain Bolt. This guy is truly a freak of nature. His win (hell, his utter domination) of the men's 200M this evening (or last night or whenever it was - we saw it this evening) was nothing short of breath-taking. How can a guy be SO MUCH faster than these other world-class sprinters?

We may never hear another peep out of the guy. Track only makes headlines once every four years. Regardless, Bolt has made an impression. What fun!

No comments: