Friday, November 10, 2006

Holocaust cartoon contest winner - I rushed to judgement

About a week ago, I posted the winner of Iran's Holocaust Cartoon Contest, and had some rather unkind things to say about it's creator, Derkaoui Abdellah of Morocco.

Here's some words from the man himself. While I still think he's dead wrong, he's not the virulent anti-Semite I portrayed him to be. So, I apologize for the inference I made.

I want to express my total heartfelt sympathy with the millions of Jewish
victims of the Holocaust who suffered the greatest crime against humanity under
the Nazis. Nobody can deny that more than six million people were massacred
during the second world war by the devil Hitler and his Nazi henchmen. But the
question for me and for so many others is why the Palestinian people have
suffered from so much pain, and massacres, and why they continue to suffer in
the current situation.


That doesn't change the fact that this was an exercise in hypocrisy by Iran and an attempt to further inflame passions which are already out of control on both sides of the issue.

No comments: