Saturday, November 24, 2007

A new-old U2 video hits Interweb

Now playing on YouTube, the never-released video for "Red Hill Mining Town", off Joshua Tree.

The story, as I hear it, is U2 were set to release the song as a single, but decided not to at the last minute as Bono couldn't belt it out night after night on tour. Since the single wasn't released, the video was binned as well.

After viewing, I have to say that Western Civilization didn't miss much by not seeing this thing for 20-ish years. I guess this is all there was to videos back in 1987, and we've come a long way since then. I'm pretty underwhelmed.

And what is up with Bono's hair, anyway? I've heard it called "Jesus hair", but I still think "super-mullet". Either way, it's not good. I could definitely do without the sweaty wife-beater and the gratuitous underarm hair as well.

Whatever. Its a new-to-you U2 video, so what's to complain about?

No comments: