Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A vote for Vista

Brad Feld weighs in on the "To Upgrade or Not To Upgrade" question - he's a Vista fan, preferring it to both XP and Mac OSX running on what sounds like a sweet set-up.

I haven't taken the plunge yet, as Catapult is still sorting out licensing for Vista and Office 2007 (An aside - this seems awfully silly to me. We're a Gold Certified Partner, for God's sake. What's the hang up?) but will as soon as I get the official okey dokey from our IT group. I'm looking forward to it.

For the IT pros out there - I suspect that, for those of us in the trenches who have fought with XP for the past 4 years, the thought of upgrading is compelling. However, I empathize with your struggles to justify it. I'll keep looking for ammo you can use with your management to support an upgrade.

No comments: