Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lost – Best. Show. Ever.

Of course, I spent an hour last night with the latest episode of Lost. The interlude of relative peace and quiet on the show is over. Oh, sure, Charlie flipped last week, and Michael went Rambo recently. The encounter with “Zeke the Fisherman” and the Others was good and tense, but all-in-all, it’s been pretty lovey-dovey on Mystery Island since Shannon got ventilated.

No more, man. It’s back to the good old, paranoid days of the first season. Who do you trust? Jack, and… who? I think Sun and Jin are on the up and up, and Hurley probably is too. Sayid is probably a mensch (it would be too controversial to have the token Arab be a baddie), but there is NO telling with ANYONE else.

Next week’s show looks to be high-powered. If I saw the preview correctly, the Losties capture one of the Others and Sayid goes to work on him. Jack and Locke (who I really WANT to believe is on the side of the angels, but I can’t quite pull it off) finally let the clock run down to zero and we get to see what happens. HOLY SMOKES, I can’t wait for next Wednesday.

Lost is easily the best show in the history of TV, at least in my book. You can have your Sopranos and your 24. I’ll take the castaways of Oceanic 815 any day.

1 comment:

BagOfNothing.com said...

what makes the show is all the back stories. did you see kate's mom at the diner? she was the waitress serving sawyer