Monday, February 27, 2006

A geek visits Delta Force

Mark Schneider's blog is a must-read for me, as he is an authoritative voice on Microsoft Project Server, a product near and dear to my professional heart.

Today's post, however, is a departure for Mark. He recently had an opportunity to work on a Microsoft project at Special Operations Command. SOCOM, as it's called, is the combined command center for America's most-elite-of-the-elite Special Forces, including the Army's Green Berets and Delta Force, the Navy SEALS, Air Force Special Operations, and other units you may or may have heard about.

Mark was impressed with the hospitality of the men and women of SOCOM and makes a profound observation, "I guess that you don't have to act tough when you really are tough."

He also had the opportunity to thank the folks at SOCOM for their efforts in keeping us safe.

I'd like to have the opportunity myself someday.

No comments: