Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Human garbage pleads for life

Joseph Smith, the piece of human trash who raped and killed 11-year-old Carlie Brucia two years ago, has pleaded with the judge to give him life in prison without the possibility of parole, rather than the death penalty.

Smith blames drugs for the horrific kidnapping and killing of young Carlie.

My own views on the death penalty have changed over time. I'm much less of a proponent than I used to be and, in this case, I think I'd vote for the life with no parole sentence.

For me, it comes down to "what makes the cretin suffer more", and in Smith's case, I think prison would be most unpleasant. I've heard that ODCs (Ordinary Decent Criminals - not my acronym) are not fond of child molesters, and would go out of their way to make Smith's existence a living hell.

I'm all for that.

UPDATE: Oh, darn. He got sentenced to death. It's probably the easy way out. Except his got some 'splainin to do on the Other Side, doesn't he?

No comments: