Friday, June 16, 2006

I have a hard time believing God is down with this

A dude with a bomb in his shoe blew himself and at least 10 others straight to Islamic Valhalla today in a Shiite mosque in Baghdad. This is the second time this particular mosque has been attacked, the first being a deluxe four-banger that killed 85 just a couple of months ago.

I'm sorry if this is too flippant for you. Death humor is kind of a specialty for me. What a gift, huh?

My point here is this: How do people who profess to believe in God, and not just a little bit, but really REALLY believe in God, think that God, in His mercy and love for mankind, could possibly condone blowing people to bits when they're PRAYING?

And while we're questioning these atrocious actions, I have to bring up the subject of our pals in Iran, who are Shiites. Rumor has been for a long time that Iran is a major sponsor of AQ. Are the Iranians SO hypocritical and SO cynical as to sponsor attacks on their fellow Shiites, in a House of God, on the Islamic Holy Day?

I guess they are. And I guess I shouldn't be surprised. And, in that sense, they're just like every other nation-state in the history of our little planet.

No comments: