Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dems can't distance from Feingold fast enough

Dana Milbank's column in today's WaPo tells the story of the Democrats' scramble to get away from Russ Feingold's proposed censure of the President over warrantless wiretapping.

According to Milbank, the only senator to pronounce support for the resolution is Tom Harkin.

I am not a fan of Bush at the moment, and haven't been for some time. I think he's made a lot of mistakes and has squandered the good will of the entire world since Sept 11, 2001. I didn't vote for him in 2004 and probably wouldn't vote for him now.

However, it amazes (and depresses) me to see how little the Democrats have to offer in response. As ridiculous and time-wasting as Feingold's resolution is (and it is the biggest time-waster I've read about in YEARS, going back to at least the Clinton impeachment and maybe even further than that), at least he's doing something.

And maybe that last comment sums up his entire agenda.

No comments: