Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cowboys cut Keyshawn . . . for T.O.?

Keyshawn Johnson is an ex-Cowboy.

While this is certainly not a devastating blow, I did come to appreciate Johnson over the past year, and really wanted to see how he might perform in some big games, assuming the Cowboys ever play a big game. I will miss Keyshawn and wish him luck in his next stop.

The interesting part is the speculation that Keyshawn was fired in order to make room for Terrell Owens. I'm a bit torn by this.

The anti-Cowboy fan in me (the dominant part of my football self for the past few years) is sorta rooting for it to happen, because I think it would be great theater. Jones and Parcells vs. TO could be the soap opera of the football year, and there's a good chance it could all go BOOM. It's almost reflex for me to wish failure on Jerry and the Pear-Shaped "Football Genius", and this could be the biggest, messiest failure in Cowboys' history.

The other, more rational side of me remembers that I would like to start involving my kids in Cowboy fandom, and the inclusion of a miserable human like TO would be difficult to explain.

Well, Jones is going to do what he wants, regardless of my opinion. I can't figure out if character still counts w/ Jerry. He was vindicated on the Randy Moss non-draft, and this has been a team largely free of malcontents for the past few years. God knows the Cowboys need a LOT more than a receiver this off season. But, it would be a big splash - the biggest since the Deion signing, and Jerry is drawn to those like a moth to a halogen.

No comments: