Monday, July 31, 2006

Work and play - the recipe for balance

Brad Feld posted a really good one the other day: "My Work is Play to Me". If you really love what you're doing, Brad says, it's not difficult to redefine what's "work" and what's "play".

This same thought has been buzzing around the fringes of my little brain recently as well. I love what I do - when I'm at a client site and working directly with people, hell, I'd do that part for free (Note to INS brass if you're reading this: I'm just making a point. I'm not asking for a pay cut.).

The part that is "work" to me is the travel. And it's getting to be more "work" all the time. If, as Robynne and I discussed last week, I can do something about that part, then I'm a little closer to the kind of balance Brad seems to have, which is a pretty good goal to have.

No comments: