Monday, July 31, 2006

Major circus fun

Took the fam to circus on Saturday night, and I have to stop down a give some quick love to those Ringling boys.

They bill themselves as the "Greatest Show on Earth", and that may be going a BIT too far. What the heck, though; I'm all for hyperbole in advertising. It helps me keep things in perspective.

Regardless, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is one amazing show. Two full hours of just non-stop great stuff. Singing, dancing, clown skits, astounding acrobatics of all sorts, people shooting out of cannons (without helmets, might I add), animals out the kazoo, and on and on and on.

Aly (our eight-year-old) has been to the circus before, so she sorta knew what to expect. Even so, she was laughing and clapping and basically glued the entire time.

Drew (our five-year-old) was seeing everything for the first time. He was so excited, he literally could not sit still. It helps that he's currently enthralled by elephants, and our seats were good enough to almost touch the dozen or so elephants performing.

It ain't cheap, and the onslaught of questionable (although, I have to say, better quality than I remember as a kid) souvenirs is daunting. But, if you're looking for a once-a-year, fabulous night of family entertainment, I do recommend those Ringling boys (and girls) to you.

No comments: