Thursday, June 28, 2007

A new link, and a very difficult story

You'll probably have noticed a new banner on the left side of little CIT. It's a link to bringmadeleinehome.com, which is a site set up by the parents of missing 4-year-old Brit Madeleine McCann.

I confess to being a bit enamored with the Brits, and I follow UK news fairly closely. A recent major story out of England has been that of young Madeleine, who went missing while on vacation with her parents and siblings in Portugal last month. She vanished from the family's hotel room while the parents were eating dinner across the courtyard from the room.

Stories like this pop up all the time in the US, and usually they end badly. It's (unfortunately) likely Madeleine's story will also end in tragedy, but maybe not. Regardless, I cannot imagine the hell her parents have endured for the past 50+ days. It's empathy for them, and the inevitable "what would I do in their place" questions which make this story resonate with me.

Other than making a donation, which I have, there isn't much else I can do for the McCanns, other than to put up the banner, and write this post.

Please follow the link to the left, read a bit, perhaps make a donation. At the very least, say a little prayer for Madeleine and her family.

No comments: