Monday, April 30, 2007

Mavs - Warriors: Uh-oh


I started writing a post called "Lament of the Dallas Sports Fan", but decided to hold off on full-scale despair for now. That post may yet see the light of day, but not today.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't indulge in some limited despair, however. And last night's 103-99 debacle certainly lends itself to limited (at least) despair.

In a game the Mavs absolutely HAD to have, they brought something. There was fire, there was effort, there were decent performances by Howard and Stackhouse. And that's what makes it so crushing. The Mavs played like they had to have the game, and it wasn't enough.

We'll be by the channel on Tues night for Game 5. I expect a Mavs victory in that one. Will the Mavs turn into last year's Phoenix Suns, and return from the dead? Maybe. But I'll keep my money in my pocket for now, thank you very much.

No comments: