Monday, April 23, 2007

Mavs - Warriors Game 1: THUD!


I'm still not sure what we witnessed last night, as the Warriors beat the Mavs 97-85 in Game 1. Didn't the Mavs have the best record in the NBA? Didn't Golden State barely squeak into the playoffs?

When did we land in Bizarro-World?

The Mavs abandoned their game, trying to match Don Nelson's small-ball lineup. No one played well, and a few (Dirk Nowtizki and Jerry Stackhouse, I'm looking at you both) didn't show up at all.

It's FAR too early to hit the panic button, and I'm predicting the Mavs to sweep the rest of the series, but what a way to start.

The worst part is that friggin' Don Nelson, strutting around in his hipster sport coat and t-shirt and his ultra-gel hair. I know, I know - he rebuilt this franchise and we all should be grateful. You know what, I'm over that. I really dislike the guy now. And I'd love to see Avery Johnson cram it right up "Nellie's" wazoo.

No comments: