Tuesday, March 06, 2007

GM to produce all-electric car by 2010

GM says they're going to mass-produce the all-electric Volt by 2010.

Chairman Bob Lutz gives the project a 10% chance of failure, meaning (one assumes) a 90% chance of success.

Early specs indicate 40 miles on a charge, which makes it a decent commuter, but not a road-tripper. Not much word on styling, seating, or other sorta important details. All Lutz is saying now is it won't look much like the concept car. Too bad.

However, this is a start, and it's got to start somewhere.

Hats off to GM for sticking their neck out a bit. Now, let's see if they can follow through.

No comments: